Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Some poetry from your neighborhood lady hitta

for some reason I got the urge tonight to honor the creative genius of up-and-coming pop artist Bonnie McKee with an interpretive poem mixing the incredible words of her newest single, "American Girl" with the renowned lyrical works of feminist scholar Nicki Minaj. please enjoy.

I fell in love in a 7/11 parking lot
Sat on the curb drinking slurpees we mixed with alcohol
Shitted on ‘em
Man, I just shitted on ‘em

Hot blooded, all-American girl, I was raised by a television
Every day is a competition, put the key in my ignition
Who got the baddest pussy on the planet?

I wanna see all the stars and everything in between
I live where the motherfucking pools and the trees is

I just keep moving my body, I’m always ready to party
I used to be here now I’m gone - Nair
No I don’t listen to mommy
You got me mistaken for your mother, hoe

I wanna see all the stars and everything in between
Broke bitches so crusty, disgust me
I wanna buy a new heart out of a vending machine

Every day is a competition, put the key in my ignition
All these bitches is my sons and I’ma go and get bibs for ‘em
He asked me my sign, I said a Sagg’
‘Cause it’s a free country, baby, and we can do anything

No comments:

Post a Comment